Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Met Gala 2012: "Impossible Conversations"

Jessica Stam in Dior Haute Couture, Doutzen Kores in Roland Mouret, Debra Messing in KaufmanFranco. 
Jessica Alba in Michael Kors, Diane Kruger in Prada, Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana.
Eva Mendes in Prada, Kate Bosworth in Prada, Amber Heard in Zac Posen.
Hilary Swank in Michael Kors, Lea Michele in Diane von Furstenberg, Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Burberry, Carey Mulligan in Prada, Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera.
Lana Del Ray in Joseph Altuzarra, Kristen Wiig in Stella McCartney, Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga.

Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier, Rihanna in Versace, Marion Cotillard in Dior Haute Couture.
Emma Roberts in Escada, Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen, Nina Dobrev In Donna Karen.
Heidi Klum in Escada, January Jones in Versace, Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren Collection.
Liv Tyler in Givenchy Haute Couture, Gwyneth Paltrow in Prada, Malin Akerman in Diane von Furstenberg.
Katherine McPhee in Elie Saab, Ashley Greene in Donna Karan Atelier, Candice Swanepoel in Rag&Bone. 
Milla Jovovich in Prada, Caroline Trentini in Olivier Theyskens, Rosario Dawson in Calvin Klein Collection. 
Chanel Iman in Tom Ford, Victoria Justice in MCQ by Alexander McQueen, Julianne Hough in Carolina Herrera.
Emma Roberts in Lavin, Poppy Delevigne in Chanel, Kristen Bell in Tommy Hilfiger.

This year's Costume Institute exhibition is "Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations." The exhibit explores the many similarities between Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, two incredible Italian designers from two different eras. The exhibition showcases about ninety designs and thirty accessories by Schiaparelli from the late 1920s to the early 1950s and by Prada from the late 1980s to the present. The exhibit is on view May 10-August 19.
Below is a wonderful video from The Met website:

     
The red carpet was rolled out and the A-listers did not disappoint! There were so many best dressed, my favorites were Doutzen Kores, Diane Kruger, Eva Mendes, Kate Bosworth, Carey Mulligan, Dianna Agron, January Jones, and Camilla Belle. Who do you think is Best Dressed? 
Gisele Bundchen in Givenchy Haute Couture with Tom Brady, Jessica Biel in Prada with Justin Timberlake, and Claire Danes in J. Mendel with Hugh Dancy.

There has to be a worst dressed list and well mine was somewhat overflowing. Many people loved Beyone's over the top Givenchy gown, but I personally thought it was major overkill. I mean everyone knows that you were People's Most Beautiful Woman, but come on. Florence Welch in Alexander McQueen is difficult for me to look at, there is just waaaaay too much fabric happening. Um do I even need to say why I think Anja Raubik in Anthony Vaccarello is a worst dressed? Can we say "street-walker"? I don't even know what to say about all the bows on Lauren Santo Domingo in Oscar de la Renta. Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte looks like she is working on becoming Santa Claus's new wifey. Mary Kate Olsen in The Row lacks any kind of structure, excitement, or really anything good for the matter. And last but not least is Elizabeth Banks in Mary Katrantzou. Why Elizabeth, why? Maybe if the dress didn't have that high neck and shoulder thingy it could work, but there are just too many different patterns happening on such a pretty woman. Hopefully all of these lovely ladies have learned their lessons, hopefully...

Beyonce in Givenchy, Florence Welch in Alexander McQueen, Anja Raubik in Anthony Vaccarello, Lauren Santo Domingo in Oscar de la Renta, Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte, Mary Kate Olsen in The Row, Elizabeth Banks in Mary Katrantzou.

*All images via People.com and Style.com 

13 comments:

  1. Such great fashion! I think my favorite would have to be Dianna Agron. The color and cut and draping is just too gorgeous!

    Rebecca (hearts)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great selection of best and worst dresses!!!

    I adore Dior Haute Couture and Donna Karen dresses! :)

    After Party Flats

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading through an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    Here is my website ... team-6.eng.toyo.ac.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, so that thing
    is maintained over here.

    my web blog: Red Bottom Shoes For Men

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Here is my homepage ... coffee flavoring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

    my web page :: cheap nike air max 2012

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I am sending it to a
    few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally,
    thank you in your effort!

    Also visit my web site ... christian louboutin sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post. I am dealing with many of these issues as well.
    .

    my blog post :: http://www.localpt.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got this web site from my pal who shared with me on the topic of this
    site and now this time I am browsing this web site and reading very
    informative posts here.

    my site - modcloth Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remarkable! Its genuinely remarkable paragraph, I have got
    much clear idea about from this paragraph.

    Look into my website - click the next web site

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with
    SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    very good success. If you know of any please share. Cheers!


    Also visit my weblog: wholesale polo shirts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!)Beautiful dressesI like your blog!Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I absolutely love hearing from you ❤