Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Women's Day!


 Happy Thursday to all my fabulous readers! 

Today is a very important day, March 8 is International Women’s Day! International Women's Day is a day to acknowledge and celebrate the political, economic, and social advancements of women. This year’s theme is “Equal access to education, training and science and technology: Pathway to decent work for women.”

Today I want to share with you you guys all the amazing and oh so inspiring women in my life. I feel so blessed to have so many awesome ladies to share my life with!
So how should we celebrate this special day? Well for starters I suggest you go to International Rescue Committee's Wake Up site and sign their pledge supporting women and girls all around the world. Then gather any and all women in your life and go out for a drink, for lunch, a walk, go dancing, just be together. I'm going to gather with all my friends tonight and celebrate today by drinking some wine by a fire under the full moon.
The Washington Post has a great article here on 10 Ways to celebrate this monumental day, check it out!

Thanks for reading, I hope you all have a great day! 
And here's to us, Cheers!
XO, Alexandra

3 comments:

  1. Ah this is so cute! I had no idea today was international women's day, thanks for sharing!
    love, Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures girl:) I really like your blog and style:)

    I follow you

    XOXO

    http://blondefashiontale.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun post!! I had fun with my girlfriends that day too - margaritas and gossip:) X
    http://lr-moonchild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I absolutely love hearing from you ❤