Friday, March 30, 2012

Greek-Spiced Baked Shrimp


Hi friends, happy Friday!!  
I hope everyone had a great week! So, if you've been reading my blog from the beginning then you probably know by now that I love Greek food, well I guess I just love food in general. Tonight I made an amazing spicy Greek dish for my man, my dad, and a family friend. I found this recipe on Epicurious, decided I had to try it, but I made a few changes. This dish is super easy to make and only takes about 45 min. You can also choose how spicy you want it based on how much red pepper flakes you add. This dish is my kind of comfort food. The little hint of cinnamon and the feta cheese on top completes the entire meal, totally ahh.maz.ing!

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
large handful of spinach 
1/2 tablespoon hot red-pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can diced tomatoes in juice
1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 pound feta, crumbled (2/3 cup)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Cook onion and garlic in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and spinach and simmer on low, uncovered for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Season shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a baking dish and top with feta. Bake until just cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. 
Serve over pasta or with rice and enjoy!

Clearly I am very excited to eat!

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks delicious! I just copied and saved this recipe to try sometime soon =)

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that looks delicious! wish I had more time to cook :(

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks delicious! Your blog is making me hungry :).
    XX
    Celina
    www.StyleByCelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so cute! This look very good :)
    love, Stef

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome...gosh I need to start cooking more, that recipe will be helpful! X
    http://lr-moonchild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway for some great accessories if you're interested:

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. delicious. love shrimps. following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy!!!
    Nice pics! ^^
    xxx

    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I´m so hungry now! look delicious! :)

    Rollolollo
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMM fantastic!! I love your blog!

    Do we follow each other?¿?

    www.cocoplumoso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I absolutely love hearing from you ❤