Friday, March 23, 2012

City Creek Charity Gala

Jack BB Dakota dress, Nila Anthony handbag, Betsey Johnson nude fishnets, F21 necklace, Qupid heels, vintage bracelets and ring.

Happy Friday lovers!! I hope you are all having a super awesome start to the weekend and are hopefully enjoying some nice weather. It's supposed to be in the 70's all weekend and I couldn't be happier!
On Wednesday evening I attended the City Creek Grand Opening Charity Event with my friend Amber. City Creek is a brand spanking new multi billion dollar shopping center in downtown Salt Lake. The charity gala raised $100,000 for four local charitable organizations, including The Road Home, Ballet West, Junior League of Salt Lake and Utah's Hogle Zoo. The sustainably designed shopping center spreads across three blocks, has fully retractable glass roofs (the first outside of Dubai!), and fountains that shoot water and bursts of flame while playing synchronized music (from the same company that designed the Bellagio fountain in Las Vegas). This is one hell of a mall!
The mall is owed by the LDS Church, partnered with Taubman Properties, and it is already being duped "the Mormon Mall", but hopefully it will be much more than that. In the last 10 years downtown Salt Lake has been suffering terribly, business after business has been closing and the streets have been nearly empty. City Creek brings a much needed new energy and excitement to downtown Salt Lake. City Creek is home to 80+ stores including Tiffany & Co., Coach, Nordstrom, Michael Kors, Porsche Design, Restoration Hardware, H&M, Macy's, and many more. The mall is also home to 425 new condos, 110 apartments, and a swanky new gym. 


I am so thrilled that I was lucky enough to attend the Charity Gala and preview all the new stores, but I won't be heading back for a couple weeks at least. I heard that opening day had more than 50,000 visitors with people starting to line-up outside at 2 am, yikes! Exciting things are happening in my home town, come check it out if you are ever visiting!
I hope all my readers have a fabulous weekend, thanks for reading!
XO, Alexandra

19 comments:

  1. I agree, I'm really excited to see what City Creek does for downtow. I love your dress, too.

    Rebecca (hearts)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair! and your bag. you look stunning

    follow me :)
    www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

    xox,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo's!
    xxxx
    fashionstiletto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I can't wait to check it out. You ladies looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress so much. I almost bought it yesterday. You look like one of Charlie's Angels. In a great way.

    xo.

    Angie

    thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! You look amazing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. love what you put together.. uber stylish..

    btw, wanna follow each other?

    p.s: i'm having a giveaway, do join if you're keen

    XO
    http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/2012/03/dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this shopping place look amazing! Would love to visit sometime. I really like that dress!
    Love, Stef

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali & Amber both looking gorgeous as always, looking forward to seeing you guys again in the fall I hope .. One Love from Jamaica, beautiful as ever, miss you .. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pictures. love what you're wearing.

    http://scarletredblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post^^ You have such a great blog!

    part of me♥mfashionfreak

    I'm trying to reach certain amount of followers for my new giveaway since it's my 1 year blog anniversary soon. I'd love to follow you if you would do the same for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute blog..if u want lets follow each other..http://cutepinknpurple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely dress, great place!

    www.rollolollo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following u back sweety....;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! I love all the colors in your outfit!


    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress looks great on you! I actually ordered it but it didn't fit me right...
    xoxo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute dress...BB Dakota is great! X
    http://lr-moonchild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are so beautiful! love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look gorgeous! Love that striped dress and how you combined those tights with the shoes. Excellent combo!
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I absolutely love hearing from you ❤